Making a Simple Handmade Hair Conditioner

Today I'll show you how to make a very simple conditioner for hair by your hands using a basis for conditioning.
All who are more or less introduced to cream making knows that each cream (hair conditioner belongs to the same group) has three phases: oil, water, active components. Oil and water phases heat up separately from one another, then are emulsified and cooled down, then you can add active components. We'll act simpler, with no division into phases, as the basis for a conditioner is easily dissolved in water.
Just want to say: as many cream makers, as many opinions, so I won't join a discussion. I have tried this conditioner recipe many times and was always delighted with the result — hair are easily combed, dry quickly, are shiny. Try to make it — any newcomer would cope with it!

Materials:
- scales accurate within 0.1 g;
- glass container (jar, mug, etc.);
- glass rod;
- distilled water (available at car parts stores);
- the basis for conditioner (emulsifier — the main component that combines water, oil and active components in one emulsion);
- keratin (an essential component of caring damaged hair);
- glycerin (moisturizing properties);
- Polyquaternium-44 (film-forming agent, protects hair while styling with a dryer, covers split ends);
- almond and sea buckthorn oil (nourishing properties);
- preservative (allows you to store ready conditioner up to 6 months in the refrigerator);
- essential oil (for flavouring).
So, the recipe is:

- 6% of the base for conditioner;
- 4% of hydrolyzed keratin;
- 3% of glycerin;
- 1% of Polyquaternium-44;
- 0.5% of sea buckthorn oil;
- 0.5% of almond oil;
- 85% of distilled water;
- a few drops of essential oil you choose;
- 2-3 drops of Saronix preservative per 100 g of the finished product.

If you make 100 g of conditioner, replace the percent to grams. there are not so much oils in the conditioner, as my hair look unwashed when using more oil. Try to vary oils and choose the optimal amount of them for yourself.

Weigh water. I make 100 grams, so I took 85 g of water

Now you have two varintants: put the container in boling water (water bath) or in your microwave. I chose the second variant. Bring the water almost to boiling, so the emulsifier dissolves easily and quickly turning into a smooth emulsion.

Introduce the basis, I needed 6 g.

Stir bases granules with the glass rod Intensively. When you get a white milky solution, put it in a bowl with cold water to cool down the emulsion and make it acquired the proper consistency.

The cooled emulsion becomes very thick.

Touch the bowl with the future conditioner; if it is warm (not hot), you can introduce other components. Pour sea buckthorn and almonds oil.

Stir and add keratin.

Then Polyquaternium-44 and glycerin.

The last thing to do is to add essential oil (I used ylang-ylang for its extraordinary floral fragrance and well-known hair caring properties) and preservative. Stir all properly again. This is how a ready conditioner looks like.

There's only one thing to do: put the finished product in a beautiful jar and enjoy using it, the effect of smooth and shiny hair!

Thank you for your attention! If you have any questions, please message me here! I will answer everyone with pleasure!