Deer Vase Diy Project

I wanted once to make a vase in the shape of a deer head so that the deer had twigs instead of horns. The vase shape is quite difficult, especially when sculpting it by hand. I decided to try a pottery wheel.

The muzzle itself is shaped like a pear. Pear — if you remove the upper rounding — reminds a vase. Well, the neck is a true cylinder. So I made a cylinder with a bottom and a vase on the wheel and put them together this way.

Looked odd enough, at first glance. More like a hairdryer than a deer :) Then I attached the vase to the cylinder.

Cut a hole through the head (so now we call the vase) .

Pressed the sides so that they resembled a deer's head.

Modeled a nose from clay — something like a pig's snout — and attached to the head. It was the most difficult part. The deer then turned into either a dachshund, or a wolf, or a donkey. But I coped with it, I hope :)

Then molded oval eyes and cling the top part so it seemed that the deer had covered her lovely eyes.

Ears of a deer are rather big. So I do not regret of clay and stuck two sprawling ear.

Finally, the author's stamp and work ready!

Then, of course, the long process of drying, first firing, decorating, glazing and firing again. But that's another story...